Social Icons

Monday, February 23, 2015

Oscars 2015: Best Dressed Stars Rosamunud Pike, Emma Stone and More!















Now that we’ve seen all the glamorous (and polarizing!)
looks hit the Oscars red carpet, we’ve narrowed down our top picks
below. (Don’t see your favorite? Be sure to share your thoughts in the
comments!)


Oscars 2015 Rosamund Pike
Jason Merritt/Getty
Sarah Kinonen, Editorial Assistant: I’ve fallen head over heels with Gone Girl star Rosamund Pike’s scarlet-hued
scalloped strapless Givenchy Haute Couture number. I love the gown’s
textured rose design, her monochromatic matching heels and her glamorous
updo. Pike took a risk with this look, and it totally paid off: It’s a
much bolder look than what we’ve been seeing on her all award show
season. Plus, I still can’t believe the actress just had a baby — you’d never know it in this sexy number.


RELATED PHOTOS: The most stunning gowns from the Oscars red carpet!


OScars 2015 Emma Stone
Jason Merritt/Getty
Catherine Kast, Style Writer: I’ll admit that when Emma
first hit the carpet in this custom Elie Saab Haute Couture gown, I
wasn’t in love with it (I really wanted her to pick this winged
Valentino gown that editor Alex Apatoff chose for her). But after seeing it from a few different angles (hello, the back) and examining her Tiffany & Co. cuffs up close
I grew to love it. Some might think that this chartreuse long-sleeved
gown might have felt a wee-bit mother of the bride, but Emma herself is
so far from that it’s almost comical. She’s a young spunky red-haired
nominee who favors unforgettable fashion moments (remember the onesie at the Globes and a smoking-jacket inspired gown
at SAGs?). Would I myself wear chartreuse? Probably not. But if I were
Emma Stone, I’d probably be daring and clever enough to go for it.


RELATED PHOTOS: Karolina Kurkova’s drop-dead gorgeous getting-ready Oscars photo diary!


Oscars 2015 Gwyneth Paltrow
Jason Merritt/Getty
Andrea Lavinthal, Style and Beauty Director: Love her or hate her, you have to admit that Gwyneth Paltrow
always wears something worth talking about on the red carpet and this
pale pink Ralph & Russo Couture one-shoulder gown was no exception.
The custom-made design was adapted from a look on the Spring/Summer 2015
runway and features a dramatic oversize rose. On anyone else, the dress
may have come off as “Dynasty spring formal” (which is how one editor here described it), but I think Paltrow pulled it off like a pro and I love how she styled it with Anna Hu statement earrings and sleek hair.


RELATED PHOTOS: The most divisive style moments from the 2015 Oscars!


PEOPLE


Oscars 2015 Marion Cotillard
Jason Merritt/Getty
Alex Apatoff, Senior Style Editor: I’m not going to
lie to you, there was no one look on the Oscars red carpet that had me
sending “πŸ™Œ πŸ™Œ πŸ™Œ” to all my friends. Actually, this year, I thought the
guys brought it much more in the style department than the ladies. But
Marion came closest to wowing me on all fronts: Her Dior Haute Couture
dress was beautiful and classic from the front, surprising and fashion-forward from the back,
and her styling — including those Chopard gems and elegant updo — was
unimpeachable. Next year, I’m hoping she brings this times 1,000.


RELATED PHOTOS: The night’s buzziest beauty looks, from Emma Stone’s hair to Jennifer Lopez’s makeup!


RELATED PHOTOS: How many white tuxes? How many diamond carats? The Oscars style numbers you need to know!


Oscars 2015 Reese Witherspoon
Jason Merritt/Getty
Brittany Talarico, Style News Editor: Everyone thought Julianne Moore would be the one to wear Tom Ford, but Reese Witherspoon
totally surprised me when she hit the red carpet in this
black-and-white dress. It was one of the only dresses that screamed “I’m
at the Oscars!” and it made her body look absolutely flawless. (She has
a Barbie-size waist!) Her center-parted waves and statement earrings
were the perfect finishing touchings. It might not have been the wild choice I was predicting for the star, but she was definitely the definition of glam.

 - People.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates